Why invest in an SEO consultant? After all, marketing is an often-neglected aspect of small business ownership. Solopreneurs and those who run neighborhood-based operations sometimes have a lackadaisical approach to advertising. Investing too much time or money into marketing efforts seems like a waste when there are so many other things they can be doing with their funds. Instead, they depend on low-investment strategies like coupons in the local newspaper and word-of-mouth.
With the internet, small business owners have access to a highly effective advertising medium. The right internet marketing strategy doesn’t have to be exorbitantly priced to produce results. With guidance from an SEO consultant, you can use your existing website and blogs to find new customers, improve your public image, and gather the information that positively impacts every aspect of your business for a relatively nominal price.
What Does an SEO Consultant Do?
Businesses that rely on local traffic for the majority of their clientele might think internet advertising isn’t the most effective way to reach their neighbors. Some believe that the global nature of the internet means they’ll just get lost in the endless catalog of sites and pages. This attitude shows a lack of understanding of what drives modern consumers.
Today’s consumer isn’t looking for another product to fill their shelves. Your clients want you to help them solve their problem in the fastest and most cost-effective manner possible. While that often means making a purchase, buying things isn’t the only way to accomplish this goal. Information, DIY instructions, and simple advice is the solution to many common consumer issues.
Your business’ website should provide more than a list of prices and services. In order to be a comprehensive solution your customers need, you should fill your pages with educational content. A good online content strategy helps your business in a variety of ways:
- Customers will come to see you as an authority. They will trust your words and seek you out continuously when problems related to your line of business arise.
- You can include product knowledge in your informational articles to teach clients how to use your products effectively or introduce them to new offerings.
- Interesting, entertaining, and shareable content naturally encourages people to spread your message to friends and family.
SEO optimization ensures your content gets to the top of the search results pages whenever anyone inputs phrases related to your line of business. In combination with high-quality, useful, and well-produced content, working with an SEO consultant helps you make the most out of your business’ web presence.
SEO Consultants Help You Find New Customers
How do you find new customers? A lot of small business owners still rely on older technology to entice fresh interest.
- Radio ads are a good way to get your message out to those within driving distance of your storefront. However, in the age of distraction, many listeners might miss the details of your advertisement.
- Short television commercials on your local station is another way to use multimedia to gain clients. While the addition of visuals increases information retention, these productions are a heavy financial investment.
- Newspaper coupons and ads aren’t as effective as they used to be. However, many smaller operations cling to them as a low-cost way to encourage new or repeat visitors.
These outdated methods might yield some results. However, working with an SEO consultant gives you better results in less time. How can SEO consultants get you more in-store visitors?
- Professionals know which keywords and phrases your customers are searching for. They can help you strategically place these phrases throughout your online content to get attention from the search engines.
- Linking to other popular sites is a great way to get in front of web browsers who aren’t going through search engines. An SEO consultant can point you to the right partners for an effective backlinking strategy.
- Do you know what your clients want to talk about? Your SEO consultant does. They can help you access information on your target demographic. Use it to produce more relevant content that draws a bigger audience.
SEO is also easier on your long-term budget than more traditional advertising methods. With a one-time investment, your content will continue to pull in new customers until you take it down. With other outreaches, you’ll have to keep paying every time you want to repeat the campaign.
SEO Consultants Give You Access to Vital Data
SEO is more than a marketing strategy. The inclusion of trackers and analytic tools allow business owners to find interesting information about their potential customers. This data can be used to improve daily processes, marketing efforts, and products and services.
- A rankings tracker helps you understand where you sit in the search engines’ results. An SEO consultant can show you how to use this information to boost your rankings and get closer to the coveted first page.
- Backlink analysis lets you pinpoint which sites your clients are using to access your content. Use this information to get familiar with these sites. You may find inspiration for your own content.
- Influencers are making social media marketing a heaven for small businesses. An SEO consultant can help you keep track of the results from your influencer agreements.
The information you gather from your SEO consultant can also be used in your daily operations. Feedback from blog posts and social media interactions can be used to reassess your products and services. Use your customer’s opinions to fine-tune your menu offerings and make them more desirable to your target demographic.
SEO consultants also offer analytic services that help you understand where your clients live, what they like, and how to reach them more effectively. Can a commercial on your local television station do that?
Working with an SEO consultant is an investment that pays off in a variety of ways. No business is too small to benefit from the power of internet marketing. Speak with one of our SEO consultants to learn how our services can help your business.